So I’m jumping on that YEAR IN COSPLAY bandwagon. I didn’t really do that much stuff this year, I was so busy with work and school, and everything I did was really simple, so this kind of pales in comparison to everyone elses, but I’m very excited for what I’m making in 2013! I graduate on January 5th so that opens up a lot more time for me!
But anyway, not including in progress cosplays, I did:
- 1. 3AM Jade (though I might re-do it, I’m not entirely pleased with it. Kacie’s photo’s came out so beautifully though, she’s just so lovely ;u;)
- 2. Jane Crocker, simple, but fun =) I did some delicious cotton candy with Loren too 8P:
- Eclectica Jade: This was actually a rework of my original. I plan on entirely remaking this cosplay but for now I just took off the third tier of the dress to make it more accurate and I got the gun and made the Lunchmuffs!
- Dog Tier Jade! This is by far my favorite costume of this year! It was so much fun and Jade will always be my favorite Homestuck character. That shoot was so fun, with Lisa as Rose, Min as John, and Rich as Dave =) Also, here’s a full body picture from NHStuck =)
- Callie Ohpee: This was more of a thrifted cosplay than anything. I needed something for Halloweenstuck and this was so much fun, but also a pain in the butt! I’m so glad I cosplay kids usually, because troll makeup is such a pain! =P Nobody at Phillystuck knew that it was me at first either, which was hilarious.
- Captain America: I pulled this one together in 2 hours for Super Hero Day, which was part of our Spirit Week at my school! I wasn’t going for any particular version of Captain America. It also happened to be flag day that day, which made it even more appropriate! I also got a tag up on the Caught Ya! board at our school where someone thanked me for dressing up as a super hero and it was really nice :> The other girl in the photo is my friend Patricia who made up her own hero, the Super Hairoin!
- Merida: Unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures in my completed version of this at Otakon, so all I have are instagram pictures from NHStuck, but this was such a fun day <33
- Then, not included in the photoset, I cosplayed Kristine for the halloween party post Halloweenstuck 8P
I also have a few in progress cosplays that I’ll finish in 2013!
- Mabel from Gravity Falls:
- Kaylee from Firefly:
Anyway, I’m sure you guys are sick of my ugly mug by now, so that’s it! I’ve got a lot up my sleeve for 2013 so hopefully it’ll work out!! I love you guys, thanks for being great!!!
I made a post about this earlier but I forgot my camera and so I didn’t get any of my own pictures of me at Otakon except for a very small few on my cellphone =( So if you saw me and got my picture I would love it if you tagged them as “riflekind” (without the dash!) so that I will see them, since I track that tag! <33
Thursday night I was this Merida (sorry it’s the only picture I have of it =C):
And on Friday and Sunday morning I was this 3AM Jade:
Friday afternoon/evening I was this Eclectica Jade:
On Saturday morning/afternoon and Sunday afternoon I was this Dog Tier Jade:
On Saturday evening I was this Jane (so far no pictures of me have turned up, so have one from NHStuck!):
TONIGHT: Tonight I will be Merida. So unfortunately a lot of people won’t see me =( Alas, I don’t have a wig for this costume so I have to deal with using my hair and my extensions which I don’t want to have to worry about re-curling during the con/at the hotel room. So keep an eye out for me at pre-reg!!
FRIDAY: In the morning I will be 3AM Jade, in the afternoon I will be Dog Tier, possibly changing into Eclectica in the evening but I’m not sure yet.
SATURDAY: In the morning I will be Eclectica Jade, in the afternoon I will be Dog Tier maybe and at night I will be Jane for Danielle’s photoshoot for some Jane vs. Condesce STRIFE.
SUNDAY: SUNDAY IS MY BIRTHDAY YOU GUYS WE SHOULD HAVE A DANCE PARTY. In the early morning I will be 3AM Jade for a photoshoot with Kacie after which I will switch into Dog Tier for a beta kid God Tier group photoshoot at around 10AM and on Sunday afternoon I will be Jane again!
I don’t have time to worry about little details right now but this is just for the movie premiere tomorrow night. I can do more with it at a later date, probably in time for Otakon =)
Pics tomorrow! I’m too lazy to put my hair extensions in at the moment.
LEGOLAS YOU ARE THE FATHER